Re: Mach 1 GTO Initial Setup Head Scratching

parijat_singh

Hi John,

What is the color of LED on the GTO-CP3 - Red or Amber?

Parijat

--- In ap-gto@..., "JAS" <JASillasen@...> wrote:

Upon initial power on of the Mach 1 GTO, the Hand Controller would flash, Astro-Physics, Inc. Ver. 4.17 on and off, repeatedly. After a minute or so or less, can't say for sure, I unplugged it and checked connections for the 3rd time. I know, but cabling is usually the problem, right? I re-attached power and it came to the main menu. I went to setup and entered the time and date, it was only off a little. Then I attempted to enter the longitude and latitude when I noticed it went back to the main menu again. You guessed it, I skipped over the time zone and it skipped the setup. I tried to do it again but all of a sudden it went back to flashing the firmware version again.

By this time, the first rain drops hit and I unplugged it all and took all the electrical components in first. By the time I got to the mount itself, the rain was a false alarm. I couldn't trust that fact because that's all we've had since the mount arrived - rain.
Isn't that the way it is?

So, now I have everything put away, I find I cannot get the mount back in the box!

So, first question - being 6 weeks away from having the ScopeGuard case, how do you travel with your Mach 1 GTO mount?

Next, I got a volt meter to test the battery. I knew it wasn't going to be the problem because it is a brand new Optima 38 AH Yellow Top Deep Cycle battery purchased Saturday. It has been on a battery tender for a day and a half and fully charged. It measured 14 VDC with a needle based VOM so it's probably putting out 13.8 VDC.

What is causing the Hand Controller to flash the version number off and on? Checking the troubleshooting section, I will add there is no clicking sound. Connection was made to the battery with an automotive auxiliary female cigarette lighter adapter with bare wires screwed down under the Wing nuts of the deep cycle battery posts. I have yet to make a ring connector to this and couldn't put my hands on the alligator clips once I was setup and ready to test. I figured a screwed down wire would be close enough.

Thoughts?

John S. Soggy in Connecticut