Re: Should I select 900GTO or 1200GTO?

Rich N. <rnapo@...>

The 900 and 1200 don't fit down into a ring like the 400 and 600.
The 900 and 1200 sit on top of a plate. So they can't get
"cocked" a little sideways in the top of the tripod/pier.
Thanks Rich,

I've seen both mounts and used scopes on them but never set one up. I
don't know if AP is going to RTMC, so...is it easy for a normal sized
person to lower the 1200 RA onto the plate, fasten any connectors and
set it up without any help and without dropping it?

Derek

Hi Derek,

I've only watched the 1200 attached to its pier. Ray G.
didn't seem to have a problem with it.

With the poor weather we have had I've only set up
my 900 twice. I used my taller 54" pier, but no problem
putting the RA section on the pier.

You need to be sure the "Az screws" will fit over the projection
on the base plate. And, there is a rounded bolt head in the center
of the plate that fits into a hole in the bottom of the RA section
of the mount. I assume the rounded bolt head is to make centering
the mount on the base plate easier.

Rich