Re: Mach1GTO or 900GTO

Michael Dolenga

I did get the beefier levelling feet for the medium tripod, I think it makes sense.  You don't have to be perfectly levelled, that wasn't my concern, but the feet will save the tripod leg ends from getting chewed up over time.

md

Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Mach1GTO or 900GTO

Yes, incredible tripods, fantastic price, and Rob is super! I have both the TRI36L for my AP400QMD or Mach1GTO and the TRI36M for the Mach1GTO or my AP900GTO. I also have Rob's AP400/600/Mach1 adapter which fits on the TRI36M's AP900 top plate and which is similar to the AP ADATRI but much lighter. I don't know that it is a regularly available option.
I definitely hope Rob talked you into getting the leveling feet! I feel that they are absolutely necessary personally; which they aren't really but that is my opinion, take it for what it is worth. Highly recommended! I use the "regular" set on the lighter tripod and the 'heavy duty' set on the medium tripod.
I also have pier extensions so that I get more clearance from the tripod legs with the longer refractor based imaging setups. It gives me quite a bit more sky without the imaging package getting close to hitting the legs.
One of these days I might break down and buy the remaining tray extensions. I have one of each and they can definitely come in handy as well, so the complete set should be that much handier.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dolenga <giroditalia@...> wrote:

I'm going with Rob's tripod, it seems a great value for a great price.  I spoke to him yesterday, really nice guy, very helpful, looking forward to it (and of course the mount too).

md

Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 7:17 AM

I have the TRI36M that I use with my Mach1 mount. It is a phenominal tripod. I got the medium tripod in the event I add a AP900 somewhere in the future. The tripod can be used for either mount. One of the best buys I ever made.
Mike

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Mark Acker <markacker@> wrote:

Email him directly at robmiller1950@ The one I have for my Mach1 is just brilliant.  I mentioned earlier in the thread that it weighs less than one leg off the Losmandy HD tripod.  I just couldn't stand having to attach/detach the legs every time out and there was no way I was going to pay $1100 for the folding model.  Can't say enough good things about Robs gear.

Mark

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Mach1GTO or 900GTO

I like the reviews of this Tripod on CN and Astromart but where does one get one from? From a quick Google Rob Miller has a what appears "in construction" website but does not seem to be marketing them. Is there a link to somewhere where they are sold? In fact how much are they? Is there a wait time etc?

Looking for a good quality tripod for my Mach 1.0.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:57:19 PM

Get the Rob Miller tripod (Tri36M) for your AP900.
Seriously, there is nothing like it out there for the price. Incredible performance/quality/weight.

I have the Tri36M for my AP1200. I feel privileged to own this brilliantly engineered tripod. In my opinion, there is no competition for it.

Parijat

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com , Michael Dolenga <giroditalia@> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I'm going to get the 900, hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

Tripod suggestions? The Particle Wave ones look gorgeous, but seem overpriced for what they do. What about the Rob Miller tripod?

md
(anybody want to buy a CGE mount/tripod? :))

Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:02 PM

May I just note that ANY of the three mounts will provide years of reliable service, and in the unlikely event you have a problem...one can get Customer Service via a phone call or email?

UNLESS your problem is stinking clouds. That requires a Higher Authority.

Tom

A few mounts, bunch of Telescopes, and a Wife who isn't threatened by any of the former.

------------------------------------

To UNSUBSCRIBE, or for general information on the ap-gto list
see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ap-gtoYahoo ! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ap-gtoYahoo! Groups Links

see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ap-gtoYahoo! Groups Links

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.