From: observe_m13 <JunkMailGoesHere@shaw.ca>
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Mach1GTO or 900GTO

Yes, incredible tripods, fantastic price, and Rob is super! I have both the TRI36L for my AP400QMD or Mach1GTO and the TRI36M for the Mach1GTO or my AP900GTO. I also have Rob's AP400/600/Mach1 adapter which fits on the TRI36M's AP900 top plate and which is similar to the AP ADATRI but much lighter. I don't know that it is a regularly available option.
I definitely hope Rob talked you into getting the leveling feet! I feel that they are absolutely necessary personally; which they aren't really but that is my opinion, take it for what it is worth. Highly recommended! I use the "regular" set on the lighter tripod and the 'heavy duty' set on the medium tripod.
I also have pier extensions so that I get more clearance from the tripod legs with the longer refractor based imaging setups. It gives me quite a bit more sky without the imaging package getting close to hitting the legs.
One of these days I might break down and buy the remaining tray extensions. I have one of each and they can definitely come in handy as well, so the complete set should be that much handier.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dolenga <giroditalia@...> wrote:

I'm going with Rob's tripod, it seems a great value for a great price.  I spoke to him yesterday, really nice guy, very helpful, looking forward to it (and of course the mount too).

md