Re: Guiding philosophy

John Gleason

How to you encorporate dithering with the PHD software in Maxim?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Oct 11, 2011 5:33 PM
To: "ap-gto@yahoogroups.com" <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Guiding philosophy

One thing to consider though is if you have a dual chip camera, PHD won't cut it.  Also, if you have an AO device, PHD won't work.  So, if you are using only separate guide scope/guide cam, then it should work perfectly well, but if you have difference equipment, it won't work at all.  When I used an SSAG on a guide scope, it was fine, though personally, I didn't especially like it.  Frankly, I was pretty happy to move away from it.

Mark

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:51 PM

MaxIm has a very nice feature in that it will correct the calibration for whatever DEC angle you're at, so, in theory, you only have to calibrate once.  PHD doesn't have that ability.  However, everyone I know that has MaxIm does not use it for guiding - most prefer PHD.

Greg

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:27 PM

I find PHD is quite accurate and good.... It has the ability to calibrate itself or you can set the parameters mentioned and tune to your system. I used it with my mach1 the other night with good results.
Also works on a Mac :)

Carlos
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2011, at 7:21 PM, CurtisC <calypte@verizon.net> wrote:

These "parameters" only have meaning within Maxim, right? I see nothing comparable in CCDSoft. I don't want to pick a fight, but will I get better guiding if I switch to Maxim? Maxim is $600!

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

The two parameter numbers...etc.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.