Re: 600 GTO payload capacity

Douglas W. Forehand <Doug.Forehand@...>

Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:52:34 -0800
From: "Steve Leikind" <sleikind@visi.com>

I think this is a matter of personal preference. My experience has
been that a G-11 is adequate with a Meade 12" SCT OTA provided there is
no wind. However, in light to moderate wind, there is too much
vibration for my taste. On the other hand, if I used this combination
in an observatory sheltered from wind -- maybe.

"rich n." <rnap-@znet.com> wrote:

A C14 on a G11 mount is quite stable for visual use.
So does anyone believe there is cause for concern about the long
term reliability of the motors and bearings in either the G11
or the AP600GTO when loaded with the mass of a C14 + counterweights ?

-Doug

USPS: Douglas W. Forehand INTERNET: dwf@Eng.Sun.Com
Sun Microsystems Inc. VOICE: (408) 774-8015
901 San Antonio Road, MS USUN02-101 FAX: (408) 774-2098
Palo Alto, California 94303-4900