Dome Automation

Kacenjar, Steve

Hello,

I am considering automating my observatory. I would first like to link my
GTO drive so that the doors of the observatory opens in the direction of the
scope. Has anyone done this that can give me suggestions? What I believe I
need to do is to simply retrieve the effective azimuth of the drive and feed
it into an appropriate hardware dome controller. I am thinking of simply a
timing command to rotate the dome by a computed angle. I would use a
electrical rely to turn on and off the dome moter.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Steve Kacenjar