From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf Of Dean
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:22 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: The Sky 6 software and Astro Physics GOTOCP3

Ray,

Never mind my last question. I got the reply from Rolando.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dean" <icehouse4@> wrote:

Ray,

Can I use the control box without the Hand controller since I am using the ASCOM Driver and the SKY 6 software?

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dean" <icehouse4@> wrote:

Ray,

Thanks for the analysis. When I go up to the observatory in a couple of weeks I will look at the hand controller
and switch the com
ports on the control box.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ray Gralak" <groups@> wrote:

Dean,

I looked at your log file and it looks like tracking was already started when the driver was connected.
Something else,
maybe the hand controller as Roland suggested, probably started tracking.

BTW, here's how the parking status works in the driver: When the mount is parked or unparked the driver writes
that
status to a file. When the driver starts again it reads the file and assumes that the park status is correct but
it also
looks at RA to see if it is not changing, which would mean the mount is tracking. If the driver determines
tracking is
on then the Park status is changed to unparked.

That said there is a new version of firmware in the final tweaking stages that can read Park status (and many
other
things) from the mount so the driver will not have to do such "detective work".

BTW, if you are using the bottom COM port on the controller try switching to the top COM port.

-Ray