Re: The Sky 6 software and Astro Physics GOTOCP3

Dean <icehouse4@...>

Ray,

Thanks..I was talking to Kevin Iversen from the UNC SKYWATCH program from Chapel Hill. He was at the observatory that evening and told me he saw the same thing as you did from the SKY 6 program. He will be getting in touch with you for some other things that he has found in the driver. I told him to get into this group and then send you a message with his findings.

Thanks again for your help.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <groups@...> wrote:

Hi Dean,

After a little more research I found out that it is TheSky6 or (the ASCOM TeleAPI interface) that is the culprit! When
you connect to the scope it turns on telescope tracking according to the log file.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:22 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: The Sky 6 software and Astro Physics GOTOCP3

Ray,

Never mind my last question. I got the reply from Rolando.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dean" <icehouse4@> wrote:

Ray,

Can I use the control box without the Hand controller since I am using the ASCOM Driver and the SKY 6 software?

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Dean" <icehouse4@> wrote:

Ray,

Thanks for the analysis. When I go up to the observatory in a couple of weeks I will look at the hand controller
and switch the com
ports on the control box.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ray Gralak" <groups@> wrote:

Dean,

I looked at your log file and it looks like tracking was already started when the driver was connected.
Something else,
maybe the hand controller as Roland suggested, probably started tracking.

BTW, here's how the parking status works in the driver: When the mount is parked or unparked the driver writes
that
status to a file. When the driver starts again it reads the file and assumes that the park status is correct but
it also
looks at RA to see if it is not changing, which would mean the mount is tracking. If the driver determines
tracking is
on then the Park status is changed to unparked.

That said there is a new version of firmware in the final tweaking stages that can read Park status (and many
other
things) from the mount so the driver will not have to do such "detective work".

BTW, if you are using the bottom COM port on the controller try switching to the top COM port.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-
gto%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Dean
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:42 AM
To: ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: The Sky 6 software and Astro Physics GOTOCP3

Ray, I uploaded the log file to the files section. My user ID is glaceda. Thanks. Dean

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ray
Gralak"
<groups@> wrote:

Dean,

You wrote:
I brought up the mount (Mathis) through the SKY and the ASCOM driver showed Parked for about 5-6 seconds
then went
to
unparked with the sidereal tracking on. I have to click on the Park button to Park the mount again.
The driver looks at RA to detect if the mount is tracking or not. Maybe something else in your setup is
starting
tracking. Can you post the driver log file to the files section?

Thanks,

-Ray

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.