From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf
Of Ray Gralak
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:46 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Mount tracking on unpark

Hi Larry,

which I did, but on clicking OK I got the message 'One or more values
are out of range, Please correct and click 'ok'
again.' I have
very closely looked at each parameter I have entered and they are all
correct.

The out of range value should be highlighted. Click the "Advanced"
button in the setup dialog and check all parameters.

I have been using ASCOM V2 driver V5.99.58 and have had the problem of
the mount tracking after I connect to ASCOM V2
through
ACP. I have unchecked 'Enable Mount Tracking on Unpark.' To keep the
scope from hitting the mount while ACP waits for
the start
time I have been setting the drive rate to stop or manually slewing
the mount to a safe position.

In my opinion it is the responsibility of every client application to
explicitly turn off scope tracking if that is the
desired state since I believe there are other drivers that automatically
track when connected.

V5.0.0 stops tracking when the mount gets *initialized* from park.
However, if the mount has already been initialized
and tracking then connecting with ACP (or any ASCOM client) will not
automatically stop tracking. I think that ACP
should at least try to turn off tracking.

In fact I did so some experiments with ACP over the weekend and it
looked like tracking was correctly turned off after I
unparked. That said, I'm not familiar enough with ACP to discuss with
you differences in settings that might have caused
your scenario. So, if v5.0.0 doesn't stop tracking for you I suggest you
post a question to the ACP forum. If Bob Denny
confirms the driver is doing something wrong I will definitely take a
look.

-Ray