From: "Salyer" <salyer@...>
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:20:33 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Need Help on Mount Decision

Both mounts are excellent. I picked AP for my mount because they have
an open design. They freely explain how things work and give others
the ability to write software interfacing to their hardware. I also
didn't need the load capability of either a Paramount or AP1200 so I
picked the AP900.

Greg

At 01:06 PM 3/29/2010, you wrote:

Hi,
The is my second post. I need help in deciding between the AP
1200GTO mount and the Paramount GM.

Both mounts appear approximately equal in terms of capacity and
capability. I give a nod to AP's value and solid engineering. I also
give a nod to Paramount's tight intergration of software systems
with the GOTO capabilities. So the questions is, why should I
consider one over the other. I know these forum is comprised of AP
owners, so perhaps everybody went through the same decision process.
Any objectivity is apprecicated. If I do purchase the AP1200GTO,
what software platforms should I consider to achieve total GOTO
control (remote-operation)?

sincerely,

Mike