Re: AP-900GTO w/ GTOCP2 or new Mach1

Anthony Ayiomamitis <anthony@...>

Rolando,

Speaking of names, how did "Astro-Physics" come about? It is something I have been meaning to ask for some time.

Anthony.

O/H chris1011@aol.com :

In a message dated 1/25/2010 3:47:56 PM Central Standard Time,
kgkirkley@aol.com <mailto:kgkirkley%40aol.com> writes:

While the Mach 1 is a wonderful mount, I think imaging with a Mewlon
250
would be at its upper limit.
I have images quite successfully with a Meade 10" SCT, which is heavier
than the Mewlon. One woudl also image with a focal reducer/corrector with this
scope at a faster focal ratio, F8, I believe.

Actually, the name Mewlon to me sounds kinda weird, but in Japan it is
known as the u-Lon where the u is the Greek letter mu. Same kind of thinking
behind the Tak e-Lon or Epsilon.