Re: New mount

Yves Laroche

Hi Doris,

The snow is our biggest problem here in Quebec. If someone can clear off
all the snow from the observatory after a snowstorm, before the snow can
melt down (is case of raising temperature) and change to ice just after (in
case of a sudden dropping temperature) so it could be possible for you to
operate without problem else watch out. Some melting snow may change to ice
over time and this can cause really bad behaviours. A friend of mine
already got this kind of problem. He wasn’t able to open his dome shutter
manually because of snow infiltration that was iced on the rails. Motors
could be burned because of this. Just remember that we have to clear the
snow from our roofs to be sure that it will prevent some water infiltration
in the house.

Regards,

Yves

_____