New Computers?

gilchriswa

I'm almost certain this question has been asked before, and I hate to bother the group with this, but I could not find the right messages with a brief search. I will need to replace my old laptop computer soon, and none of the new ones has a serial or parallel port. They also run Vista instead of the old XP-Pro I've been using. I assume that there are port expanders or such that plug into a USB port and provide an RS-232 serial port for connecting to my AP-1200 mount. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations relating to these devices? Do any of them have parallel ports? I still use an old parallel port ST-7 as an autoguider. Is Windows Vista compatible with The Sky-6 and CCDSoft software I am currently using, or will I need to get an update on those programs? Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Allen Gilchrist