Re: Park sensor?

Bob Denny

Having a bit of experience with remote observatories, I would just remind you that, even with a park sensor you're not safe with a roof that is a hazard to an unparked scope. What if it rains/snows and the scope DOESN'T park? The roof stays open and your gear gets rained or snowed on.

Sorry to be a scrooge, but it's worth thinking about.

-- Bob

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 11/11/2009 7:20:56 AM Central Standard Time,
mgjr@... writes:

I have attached magnetic prox switches like those used for home security.
They are available in a normally closed contact configuration and with one
double stick taped to the RA gear box and one on the DEC, the roof system
won't close unless both axis are in the correct position. You can set the
position of the magnets at any desired position on the axis.
Great idea!