Connectivity Problems

wade.richards53 <wade.richards53@...>

I am trying to get my AP 900 GoTo mount to respond to Sky 6 (Serious Astronomer)software. I have run the communications test recommended by AP (i.e.Test procedure used to upgrade the database and I get the message "mount found"). This successful test I assume ensures that the computer is talking to the mount. This test is run without Sky 6 runing.I start Sky 6 runing and check the com port to be sure the software is using the same com port as the mount.I then go to establish link and I get the message "The Astro-physics device is not responding.Please check your com port and power connection".
Sky 6 does not have an Initialize telescope option (i.e. it is greyed out)so I do not know if this is important but the AP 900 manual includes this initialization step (page 64). Any help with this problem will be much appricated.