Re: consistent direction slewing?

Roland Christen

In a message dated 10/8/2009 3:18:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
mogulskier_groups@yahoo.com writes:

My ap1200 GOTOCP3 is exhibiting a behavior when slewing that I haven't
seen before. The behavior is the same whether I use the keypad, Maxim, ACP,
StarryNight, etc.

When I move either to the West or North, the mount slews about 8-10
arcmins to the west, then back to the new location. It's doing this west/east
consistent slew even when I try to move north.
When I move East or South, it just moves.
I am not sure what you are trying to say in the above, but I will take a
guess. You probably have a 3rd party software that sent a huge RA backlash
command to the mount from your laptop. If you are going to use 3rd party
software to initialize your mount then you must remove the backlash command from
your software, set it to zero.