Re: Cygnus Bubble PN G75.5+1.7 Announced by IAU/CBET

dannysperry

That's great news! Congratulations, Dave. I took a pass at imaging it just a couple months ago:

http://www.californiastars.net/gallery/ngc6888_st10_fsq.html

I'll have to update that page to reflect the newly designated name!

Clear skies,
Danny
http://www.californiastars.net/

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Jurasevich" <howldog@...> wrote:

Today I received written confirmation from the International Astronomical Union in the form of a CBET bulletin (Electronic Telegram No. 1876) announcing the discovery of my "Cygnus Bubble" Nebula, officially named PN G75.5+1.7 (a planetary nebula). It took extensive research of existing catalog and published literature, a 53 page report, numerous discussions with Dr. Dan Green of the IAU, reviews by prominent experts in the field, and nearly a year of time to finalize the details of this discovery.

For this forum I'd like to note that this deep sky object was discovered with an Astro-Physics 160 EDF refractor and AP 1200 GTO mount.

If interested, you can find information on this newly discovered planetary nebula as well as the official IAU/CBET announcement on my website at http://tinyurl.com/5q4qnu

Best Regards,

Dave