Re: Robin Casady tandem bar

snightingale40 <snightingale40@...>

Thanks Sab and Dave,

Well, I was assuming I'd do the C11 with one of my refractors, now
you all got me thinking of the triad.

I own three OTA's:

C11
AP160
AP130 Gran Turismo.

Don't have the weights handy, but what do you think of ALL THREE on a
triad bar on my AP1200? I'm not sure there is a reason to do this,
but I could always just have two OTA's on it.

I'm replacing my C11 tube with carbon fiber this week. Just the
thought of all this stuff on my AP1200 makes me.....well, never mind.

But seriously, do you think this would work? I'm purely visual at
this time, so some slight flexure could be tolerated, but may try
some imaging at some point. I keep my set-up permanently in a roll-
off roof observatory.

Steve

--- In ap-gto@..., "Dave" <taka@...> wrote:

See the photos/dsw for a picture of my AP1200 with TRIAD and FS-
102 / TOA-130 / C11.

-Dave

--- In ap-gto@..., "snightingale40" <snightingale40@>
wrote:

Great suggestion Drew---thanks!

Steve

--- In ap-gto@..., "ancient.sull" <ancient.sull@>
wrote:

If you are considering a tandem bar, consider a Triad bar
instead.
use a Triad bar, even though I only have at most two OTAs
because
with
the Triad bar you can put the heaviest scope directly over the
center
of the mount. The Triad makes it simple to balance things in
all
three
axes even running a very heavy scope in the center and a light
refractor guidescope and guide camera on the side.

Drew Sullivan

--- In ap-gto@..., "snightingale40"
<snightingale40@>
wrote:

Hi,

I just got the bright idea that my AP1200 would handle both
my
C11
and
AP130GT nicely as a side-by-side arrangement