Re: AP1200-database corruption?

snightingale40 <snightingale40@...>

Thanks Joe,

I've been called a lot worse than "George". Like when I told my wife
I wanted the new 3600 mount!

Was your problem due to a weak battery?

Interestingly my RA and Dec coordinates displayed by the hand
controller seem to be correct for the couple of M objects I checked;
I'll check again later. Also, I'll take some time today to clean the
contacts as per instructions Howard H gave awhile back.

Downloading the database was easy on my old computer, but with my
newer Vista system I get a message that I'm missing "mscomm32.ocx",
and have had no luck installing it. I haven't yet purchased a USB-
serial converter which I will also need.

But so far, it's not totally obvious to me that database corruption
is the problem. But one thing is sure; with AP's support (and the
help from this group) I'll be up and running again at some point! And
in the meantime, my AP1200 has setting circles (even though with
today's electronics, they are no longer needed!) ;>)

Steve

--- In ap-gto@..., "JoeMize" <jmize@...> wrote:

Ooops! I got mixed up Steve...joe :P

"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"
Joe Mize www.cav-sfo.com
Chiefland Astronomy Village, Fla.