Re: Need Help Slewing issues

Dean Salman <cluster@...>

I think it was the condition more than the length, I suspected that
length was an issue. In addition, only one night was good so we will
see how it does the rest of the week.

--- In ap-gto@..., "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...>
wrote:

Hi Dean.

F.Y.I.
In the olden days of mainframes and minicomputers, serial
cables were
commonly sold upto a maximum 25 foot standard length, at 1200 baud
believe, because that was just about the "limit of reliable
communications"
(ANS standard), depending on baud rate - unless you ordered special
"shielded twisted pair", which typically would go 50 to 100 feet at
high
baud rates of about 9.6 KB, (or you used four wire or even two wire
current
loop comms, which were good for a couple of miles, or even
differential pair
RS-432/429 ).

So, I am not surprised that the 25 foot cable dropped command
characters
to the servo, especially at 19.2 KB, or even 9600B from the laptop.

Joe