From: "Geert Vandenbulcke" <geert.vdbulcke@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:43 AM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] my AP1200 points off into space

Well, simple in theory yes. But imagine at night having to take of a +20 kg
telescope + accessories to put shims under rings or dovetail saddle and then
remounting everything to check orthogonality and then probably start over
again a few times to remove or add extra shims, well this for sure is a good
workout to achieve very good GoTo's! So, I thought: would it be possible
to have some sort of adapter between dovetail saddle/mounting plate that
allows easier adjustment say with a set of push-pull screws or so, without
having to remove the telescope to add shims?

Best regards,

Geert Vandenbulcke
Belgium