From: "Hank Sielski" <hsielski@gmail.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] An easier Pasillx N & S Polar Alignment method

Hi Joe,

The aperture of the PAS is a small one, but at least its a refractor...no
secondary. Also, while it does probably attenuate the beam a bit, it may
also have the effect to collimate it, so the "pointing" error may be offset
somewhat. At least, I only use it to get "close" to the final Alt/Az of
Polaris. Finally, my green laser pointer doesn't really suffer from the
attenuation by the PAS simply by being a bit more powerful than
yours...150mW...see www.kaidomain.com.

Clear Skies,

Hank