Re: Wish List

Ladislav Nemec <nemecl@...>

Interesting. I am using TheSky6 exclusively with my Gemini for remote
control and, as far as I can tell, it calculates meridian line correctly. No
idea about the horizon, I do not want to have anything to do with horizon. I
park through the ASCOM driver in the Gemini 'home' position also called CWD
position (counter-weight down). In that position the Sun can never shine
into the scope (due north at altitude 34 for my location). I think this is
the safest parking position but this may be a matter of opinion.

BTW, the Gemni hand controller coexists happily with the planetarium
program, it even syncs (or additional aligns) with an object selected by the
program calling it a 'PC object' - its coordinates have to be communicated
to Gemini for a slew, after all.

I have to learn (AP manuals are available online) what the difference
between 'rcal' (recalibrate) and 'sync' for the AP mount is. Gemini is
different - sync is sync (shifting the mapped coordinates without changing
the model), 'additional align' is modifying the model to improve future
pointing. Sorry for bringing the experiences of a 'poor relative' here.

Just for the record, the bug in TheSky6 may have existed some time ago but I
do not believe it does now. TheSky knows (it's a US law) when the switch
from ST to DT takes place and adjusts, I believe, the value of the
difference between local civil time and UTC.

LN

The current version of TheSky6 is 6.0.0.58