Re: Meridian delay... azimuth stars won't converge.

Pierre Henrotay

Chris,

something puzzles me in your description. You write:
" > First I did the altitude axis adjustment and within 3 flips of the
scope
I was able to eliminate the E-W and also discovered to my dismay
about
my non-orthogonality mounting as I was consistently off by about 7
arc
minutes N-S."
In the altitude adjustment, you eliminate the N-S by using the DEC
buttons (N/S) and the altitude adjuster.
The E-W error is related to the orthogonality error, not the N-S as you
write.
Are you sure you did not mismatch the roles of N-S and E-W movements ?

Pierre