From: "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:52 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Software wish list

Hi Chris,

I would second your wish for the "red light". I think it should be
pointed up from in front of the keypad hook, since I find it hassle to
poke
around in the dark trying to attach the BLACK ring onto a mating hook on
the
mount. That requires two hands as I end up doing it by feel - much more
difficult with gloves on.

To solve my own problem - for lack of a red LED - I plan on "painting
the AP keypad hook" with luminous white paint used for fishing lures. If
the keypad hook were made of clear plastic material, a backward (not top)
pointing red LED could both light up the hook with "edge-lighting", and
provide a back pointing lamp when you need to check something with it, and
avoid it pointing upward at the scope.

As for item #1, the bubble level, I bought one of those cheap two axis
bubble levels ( visit Scopestuff) - the one that is on a flat red plastic
triangle plate - and simply place it approximately on the AP base plate
pivot point, or flush against the azimuth adjuster block, for a more
convenient viewpoint.

Joe