Re: Software wish list

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Chris,

I would second your wish for the "red light". I think it should be pointed up from in front of the keypad hook, since I find it hassle to poke around in the dark trying to attach the BLACK ring onto a mating hook on the mount. That requires two hands as I end up doing it by feel - much more difficult with gloves on.

To solve my own problem - for lack of a red LED - I plan on "painting the AP keypad hook" with luminous white paint used for fishing lures. If the keypad hook were made of clear plastic material, a backward (not top) pointing red LED could both light up the hook with "edge-lighting", and provide a back pointing lamp when you need to check something with it, and avoid it pointing upward at the scope.

As for item #1, the bubble level, I bought one of those cheap two axis bubble levels ( visit Scopestuff) - the one that is on a flat red plastic triangle plate - and simply place it approximately on the AP base plate pivot point, or flush against the azimuth adjuster block, for a more convenient viewpoint.

Joe

----- Original Message -----
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:49 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Software wish list

I have two suggestions for upcoming AP mounts though:

1) A bubble level built into the base of the mount.
2) a red led light built into the hand controller.

cheers & beers,
Chris

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.