From: Jerry A. Wilson <JerryAWilson@...>
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:16:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] 1200GTO carrying 18" f/4.2 Newt?

Joe

I hope the answer is yes. I'm starting a similar project, with an 18
inch f/4. How thick is your mirror?

Jerry

At 10:08 AM 9/4/2008, you wrote:

I am building an 18" Dob for visual use which I would also like to
convert for astroimaging riding on my 1200GTO. Is the 1200 going to
be able to handle a truss based 18" scope about 65" long? The mirror
will be in a truss tube specifically designed for the 1200 not just
placing the dob truss on the 1200, total weight will be about 75lbs.

Thanks,
Joe