From: joeastroc <joeastroc@...>
Subject: [ap-gto] 1200GTO carrying 18" f/4.2 Newt?
To: ap-gto@...
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 10:08 AM

I am building an 18" Dob for visual use which I would also like to
convert for astroimaging riding on my 1200GTO. Is the 1200 going to
be able to handle a truss based 18" scope about 65" long? The mirror
will be in a truss tube specifically designed for the 1200 not just
placing the dob truss on the 1200, total weight will be about 75lbs.

Thanks,
Joe