Re: Modelling - can of worms

Kent Kirkley

In a message dated 9/2/08 9:51:37 PM, jeguthals@... writes:

For
those "purists" who think that GPS and modeling are not needed, you
can still do it all manually. I continue to vote for adding both
these features to the AP mount control software and I am pleased to
see that AP is working on modeling. I am looking forward to the
upgrade.
How many locations do people image from? One, two, four, seven.....how about
9???
I have currently stored in my AP 'locations' five places I sometimes image
from.
All I have to do is select one. A built in GPS is not needed.

As far as modeling is concerned....with a mount like the AP1200GTO that I
use....I haven't found it necessary. While unguided imaging may seem to be
necessary for some........simply guiding works so well as to render the effort
less than appealing. I think you will find that all accomplished imagers guide
their exposures.....either by built in or external guiders, off axis guiders or
guide scopes.

Kent Kirkley

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go.
Find your travel deal here.