Re: 3600GTO questions

Herb York

Sory
<g>
Herb

--- In ap-gto@..., "Robert Gillette" <tekic545@...> wrote:

Herb,

If you must go off-topic, can you at least spell the name correctly?
There is one "r" in Barack.

Bob

--- In ap-gto@..., Herb York <herb@> wrote:

None of us can afford one until Barrack gets elected and gives us
all
that "stuff" he just promised.
Herb York
www.Binocs.com
www.BuyTelescopes.com
www.AstroMart.com

On Aug 28, 2008, at 9:02 PM, jjbadal2003 wrote:

I am really a little surprised that there isn't a little more group
response on this very exciting announcement from AP. Am I missing
something? joe

> obs681@ writes:
>

> > 4. Does the precision encoder system improve pointing, or just
> > tracking? (I know there are other variables affecting pointing
too,
> > e.g. refraction and flex of the OTA.)
> >

> To expand this, the mount gearing system is quite precise and is
capable of
> pointing to any known angle to within +- 5 arc seconds over the
entire 360
> degree rotation of each axis. It has been tested on a precision
encoder to that
> level of accuracy. This includes all the gear errors, periodic
and
tooth to