Re: Cable recommendation?

observe_m13

Actually never mind that either since the slew rate is different from
the button rate which is different from the guide rate!

Rick,

--- In ap-gto@..., "Rick K" <JunkMailGoesHere@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

Yes, you did but it was easy to overlook and misinterpret which is why
I asked. I guess it should have been more obviously described as slew
rate instead of just "rate" for the button presses and then a restore
to the guide rate. Thanks for the explanation.

Rick

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@> wrote:

Hi Rick,

RESTORE rate is sent from Pulseguide. Umm, why? What is there to
restore it to, if it was set when the button was pressed? I think a
simplified sequential scenario is necessary.
When you press a N/S/E/W/etc. button in PulseGuide the rate gets
changes to
the button rate set in Pulseguide. When you release the movement
button the
rate is restored to the GUIDE RATE setting. (I did say that I
think :-)

This is done so that you don't accidentally leave the rate at, say
900x,
where autoguider movements would cause a star to fly off the CCD.

-Ray