From: "JoeMize" <jmize@svic.net>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Help - Counterweight shaft stuck to Mach 1 counterweight adapter.

JoeZ, I understand your problem better having read the other posts. I had
thought the shaft was stuck into the mount.

Not being argumentative but have you thought about what's actually holding
those two flat surfaces together? In my mind's they cannot be holding
themselves together with stickon alone, something must be keeping them
pressed against each other. The only candidate are the threads, just like
jamming two nuts against each other on a bolt. You'll have to lubricate the
threads with something like WD-40 or warm in the Sun to get them free,
probably both.

I don't envy your problem, have fun with the mechanical side of our
hobby...joe :)

"May You Go Among The Imperishable Stars"
Joe Mize www.cav-sfo.com
Chiefland Astronomy Village, Fla.