Re: New rig

ccoop974

This looks like what Hap has installed on his scope:
http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/misc/focuslk/index.htm
Hutech has been selling them for quite some time now I think.
Hap is the only person I have ever heard commit on how they work.
Steve

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Wiggins" <rickwiggins@...> wrote:

Hi Hap,
Are you sure that it is a mirror lock? The Celestrons have a focus
lock, but to my knowledge, there is no mirror lock available. My
understanding is that it takes a significant amount of work to
install a mirror locking mechanism on a Celestron which includes
penetrating the back plate, installing screws that push on the
mirror mount, etc.
Thanks, Rick

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Hap Griffin" <lgriffin@> wrote:

I picked up the C11 used on Astromart, so I don't know the origin
of the
mirror lock/focuser. But it seems to work great. Once I get the
mirror in
a location where the Feathertouch has a good range with my
camera,
I just
lock it and it seems to stay put OK.

Hap