From: "Dean S" <dean@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Mach1 and checking PASILL4 results

Hi Pierre,

Last night I got some time to test my new Mach1GTO. I aligned it with the
same polar scope I use with my 1200. My targets where on the chip after
my
first star synch, not perfect but very close.

Then I did about 45 minutes of guided images, what a smooth graph!
Perhaps
better than my 1200 even? Well only because I was guiding at a much
smaller
image scale really. But regardless it guided extremely well, so good in
fact I see little need to drift any more, at least when I am imaging at
2.44
arcsec image scale.

Then I went to Pempro and checked the polar alignment. On azimuth it was
off at about 2.3 arc minutes. I adjusted until I got it about 0.5 which
seeing was bad so that is probably best I could do then.

Then went to check Dec and it said it was off about 6.0 arcminutes. I
adjusted and went back to Azimuth which was then off a bit and readjusted
just little back to about 0.5.

Unfortunately clouds or fog was making Polaris hard to see at this point
so
I could not check the polar scope but will do so tonight

Anyways I will be happy with only the polar scope alignment for the most
part unless I need to do longer exposures at longer F/L.

Dean Sch.