From: "Dirk Lammerts" <dirksf@yahoo.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:16 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Pier height and counterweights for 900GTO

Hi,
I am thinking about getting a 900GTO for my C11. I was hoping to get some advice on:

1. How much counterweight will I need (initially only visual, no CCD or heavy finder scope)?
Can I get away with just one 18lb weight?
2. What is a good all-purpose pier height (I usually observe standing). I am thinking about
the 48" A-P portable pier. Any thoughts on lower - higher - just right?

Thanks
Dirk