Re: Leaving as GTO mount outdoors

Richard Seavey

Hi Joe
I think I remember a Sky and Telescope article a few years ago that showed
the construction of such a pier top enclosure. I will try to find this
article, but maybe someone else has a better recollection of exactly which
issue it was in.

Richard

At 01:43 PM 4/8/2008 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Rick,

I have been searching the web for a "telescope-only pier housing" for a
couple of years, and this was only one of two that I have been able to find.
If you can locate any other links PLEASE post them - I really would like to
build one as well. I saw a wonderful one a few years ago, and have been
scanning the web to get it back, without much luck.

In my situation, I enjoy my lovely garden yard, where the ideal spot for
a small ready made observatory would be in the corner - where all the fruit
trees block a fair amount of the sky. I am not willing to sacrifice the
trees and ruin the enjoyment of my "day space".

I thought that a less conspicuous pier mounted telescope enclosure would
be a good compromise, with quick access to my set-up, but without a
"building blocking my view" - sort of the large white elephant in the middle
of my outdoors room.

I really hope you, or anyone else here, can share a link for this specific
kind of project.

Thanks,
Joe