From: S HEGGIE
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Insurance for astronomy equipment

Something else I do is maintain a spreadsheet of serial #'s and market
pricing for all items. I give this to my insurance company anytime something
major changes. I don't want to get into a debate on the insured value of
something that gets stolen. Also, I found out that when you say "camera" or
"bicycle" they assume it is cheap - some items over a particular value
(bicycle over $1000 for example) they want to see a copy of the receipt.

Stuart