Re: Insurance for astronomy equipment

ancient.sull

--- In ap-gto@..., "Dean S" <dean@...> wrote:

I just spoke with my home owners insurance this morning, State Farm,
and she
said my observatory contents are included with the content coverage
of my
house. Cameras, telescopes, computers, etc.
I too insure with State Farm and probably everyone's policy is a little
different, but did you tell your agent a ball park dollar value for the
equipment?

Your agent may be thinking, "Oh, a camera or similar. Maybe $500"
not "$30,000 to $50,000 of mounts, cameras, computers, filters, etc."

Mine is insured but with a separate rider and an added premium based on
the total value.

Drew Sullivan