From: bbenamati
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:42 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Can't connect AP600E GTO through ASCOM

Hi gang,

Sorry for any cross-posts from the ASCOM group, but here's my problem:

I've recently acquired a 600E GTO CP2 (D chip series) and cannot
connect to it through any ASCOM platforms. I used to use MaxPoint,
PEMPro, etc. with my Gemini, but for some reason, I'm unable to connect
through either program using the AP GTO Mount selection. I AM able to
successfully link PulseGuide--so (I believe) my serial connection is
fine.... I'm stumped... I've updated to ASCOM 5a and installed the AP
driver v 4.1.25. Is the older mount just not able to be controlled
this way??

Thanks!

Bob