Re: Leaving as GTO mount outdoors

Christopher Go

I have left my AP900 98% of the year outside just covered in
Tarpoline. I only bring it in when a typhoon is coming! Never had a
problem with my mount. Although I don't have snow, I do get a lot of
rain. If AP mounts can survive in Antartica, it should survive
anywhere in the world!

Regards,
Chris

At 04:55 PM 4/3/2008, you wrote:

I'm considering leaving my APO 1200 GTO outdoors over the winter, so
that setup/knockdown time is lessened, and since I use it by remote
control to image anyway. I'm in the Northeast, so we do get rain,
cold, and snow; I'd have a pretty good over bungeed to the mount to
protect it, and could even keep a lightbulb going all the time to
keep moisture from accumulating under the cover. What's the group's
opinion?

Morgan Spangle

Christopher and Vicky Go
Christone Industries
Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Fossil Stone and Wrought Iron Furniture
Cebu, Philippines
http://www.christone.net
Astronomy: http://astro.christone.net
Red Spot Jr: http://www.redspotjr.com