Re: Autoguider correction frequency

Wiggins, Rick

Hi Hunter,
I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Maybe I am having a senior moment, but what is PHD?
Antoher question or confirmation is "Is aggressiveness set to 60 "
equivalent to 60% correction or what would be "6" in CCDSoft or
Maxim?
Finally a comment or my misunderstanding. I would think that for a
guider (with the setttings as described) not to make any corrections
for 5 minutes implies two things; first that the worm drive has
virtually no periodic error (meaning less then 0.05 arc sec), and
second, that the sky has virtually no turbulance.
If my guider did not make any corrections for 5 minutes, I would
expect that something was wrong.

Here are some of my settings with an AP155 on a AP1200 mount, guided
with a Tak FS60C and ST :
Periodic error = less than 0.8 arc secs PtP
Guider settings: Min error=0.04 pixels Max error=0.10 pixels, rate =
1x, aggressiveness 5 (=50%), exposure 2 secs
With these settings I am getting RMS guider errors of approximately
0.08 pixels and instantaneous errors not usually exceeding 0.2 pixels
This is on average seeing evenings. Even with these readings, I am
getting real corrections on mnay of the cycles.

Maybe this information is of some use to you and others.
Thanks, Rick

--- In ap-gto@..., "hewholooks" <hewholooks@...> wrote:

Gedas,

Right now, as I write, I am guiding with my new Mach1 (Thank you
Roland - you are my hero) using PHD. I have guide rate on the
mount
set to 0.5 and PHD RA agress set to 60. I have never seen
anything
like this. PHD is on vacation - maybe, MAYBE one correction every
5
or 10 minutes and that's only 0.3 pixels (1.3 arcsec).

I am in awe. I can't wait to image at 1500mm (tonight it's at 780
with the 130 refractor).

The Mach1 is everything they say it is.

Hunter

--- In ap-gto@..., "Gedas" <w8bya@> wrote: