Re: Autoguider correction frequency

hewholooks

Bill,

I did a rough align with the polar scope - which I will honestly say,
I don't care for much. When I turn the scope in it's collar, there
is some play that would make aligning problematic if that were the
only method you used.

I then did the quick drift method in the manual - the one where you
change the time setting to catch the same star from both sides of the
mount. It worked extremely well. I can't recall the software making
any dec corrections, although I could have missed them.

Hunter

--- In ap-gto@..., "Bill Bradford" <bcbradford@...> wrote:

Hunter,

Did you use the polar scope to position Polaris? If so, how much
adjusting of Azimuth and Altitude did you have to do during the drift
alignment ( unless you have a permanent set up and have the mount
dialed in with TPoint or something)?

I will be doing drift alignment since I travel to dark sites and
have no permanent set up. I plan to try Roland's quick drift method
by using the delayed meridian feature.

Bill