Re: Quick star drift - azimuth adjustment

Roland Christen

In a message dated 3/29/2008 12:10:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
Pierre.Henrotay@... writes:

So, I remain a bit confused - unless I am wrong or misunderstand
something: what is the best strategy as the text says to make half of
the centering correction using the adjuster and half using the EW
buttons
If you make the full adjustment, you will be moving the mount twice as far as
needed. Remember, any adjustment will move all the stars in the sky, the
first star as well as the second one. So make your adjustment in steps. Half is a
good number. After making the adjustment, simply center the second star and do
a recal. Then proceed back to the first one and repeat. This way you will
zero in on the adjustment, not overshoot it.

Rolando

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&;
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)