Re: Mach1 Guide Cable

Roland Christen

In a message dated 3/26/2008 4:42:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
bcbradford@... writes:

I am beside myself with excitement (my wife thinks I have "gone round the
bend" :>), because I heard from the good folks at Company Seven that my
Mach1 will be shipping soon. Christmas in March. :>)

I will be guiding the mount with my ST-8XME and have a question regarding
the guide cable. With the ST-8 I received an RJ-11 cable. I also have a
serial to RJ-11 adapter that I received a long time ago with my Tak mount.
All our mounts use the same guide cable (see Pinout for Autoguider in the
Technical Support section of our website). This cable is normally supplied with
every SBIG camera and has 6 pins on it. It is a standard 6 pin RJ-11-6
telephone cable available at most electronic stores, if you don't have one already.
Just plug one end into the camera, the other end into the mount servo and you
are done. Nothing else is required.

Rolando

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.