Re: Updated Keypad Manual

Wiggins, Rick

Hi Howard,
Excellent work. Thanks for the update.
One suggestion is to put a doucment revision number just under the
manual title, such as:

Keypad Manual Version 4.12
Revision 2008-03-06-6:00PM

I do this with manuals etc. at work where they get revised
frequently. It will help you and others keep them straight. I did
see the March 6th date, but calling it out explicitly helps.
My 2 cents,
Thanks, Rick

--- In ap-gto@..., "howard4ap" <howard@...> wrote:

Hi again everybody!

The latest version of the keypad manual is now posted up on the
website. It has a number of improvements that hopefully will
allow
you to get more out of your Astro-Physics GoTo System.

http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/keypad_v412.pdf

We have tried to give better inclusion to issues affecting those
of
you in the southern hemisphere in this version of the manual. In
particular, see the section on the Park Positions and the Daytime
Polar Alignment Routine.

There has been considerable discussion over the years on the
various
polar alignment methods available to those who use their mounts in
the field instead of in a permanent observatory. This latest
Keypad
Manual for v.4.12 has an expanded section on the GTO Quick Star
Drift
Method that Roland has recommended many times to this group. In
addition to expanded instructions, we have included a table of
suggested stars to make the method much easier to use (Appendix
I).
Check it out and see if it doesn't help you with this little chore
that all of us must face in the field. As always, feedback is
welcome!

If your current keypad manual is several years old, you will also
benefit from the expanded discussion of the Sync and Re-Calibrate
commands in the Advanced Features Section. Also, the Command
Language sections are more up-to-date than those sections were in
the
previous editions of the manual. Finally, there are many small
improvements that come about as customers ask questions that make
us
realize that something wasn't explained as well as it could have
been. We hope that we are always improving our documentation, but
it's of no use if you, our customers, don't see the improvements.

May your skies be clear, dark and steady!
Howard