Re: Dec Autoguiding problem finally fixed (I think)

Roland Christen

In a message dated 3/26/2008 12:30:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
capitoladude@... writes:

I haven't been so lucky. I adjusted my dec mesh with
instructions on the phone from Howard at AP. While it took out the
dec play I was seeing, it did not solve my dec oscillation problem.
Not sure what to try next, as it seems I've tried tweaking every
setting in Maxim. For now I'm relegated to shooting in the eastern
sky, where the dec behavior is stable.
Start with both Dec directions turned off to monitor the drift that you are
getting in Dec when you are shooting in the western part of the sky. Next turn
on only one Dec direction and monitor the result. Send me an E-mail to let me
know the results of these tests (please include a screen shot of your tracking
chart).

Rolando

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.