From: "r1300rs" <cardiofuse@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 8:14 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] AC/DC power supply

I currently use a Pyramid 5 amp, 12-15 volt power supply that has one cigarette adapter inlet
along with one set of power posts that plugs into my AC source. Last night, with my dew
heaters cooking along the power supply overheated and shut everything down via the built in
protection circuit.

I would think that 5 amps (7 amp surge) would be plenty to run 4 dew heaters (main scope,
finder, guidescope, telrad).

I was wondering what every else used for a DC source. I did have a cigarette "y" splitter with
one leg to the scope and the other to the dew controller. Maybe it was bad or had a high
resistance.

Thanks; maybe I need to upgrade.