Re: AP 900 problem

drgert1

Hi,

How much effort did you put into focusing? If the ST4 is not properly
focused the guiding can be erratic.

Clear Skies,
Gert

--- In ap-gto@..., Michael Cater <nitemike1@...> wrote:

I have had no problem with the ST4 calibration mode. The problems
develops after a few minutes of guiding and then the accuracy drops
off. I will try my friend's ST4 to see if the problem is duplicated;
if his works then my ST4 is defective.

Mike

Rick K <JunkMailGoesHere@...> wrote:
If the mount works and tracks the sky without the ST4 then
it's almost
definitely the ST4. It is either incorrectly set up or the cable
connecting it to the mount is damaged or broken. Does this ST4 work
with another mount you have? Since I have never had an ST4 I would
have no idea of how to go about testing and calibrating it. There
should be lots of info on the internet though.

--- In ap-gto@..., "nitemike1" <nitemike1@> wrote:

I am new to the group. I have an AP 900 mount (V 4.12) that I bought
on Astromart. It tracks very well and the GOTO function works
flawlessly. However, I have been unable to get my ST4 to guide for
more than a few minutes at a time. I tried using the periodic error
function to correct any flaws in the RA worm but to no avail. I don't
know whether the problem is in the ST4 or the stepper motors. What
would you suggest? If it is the stepper motors is replacing them a
major expense/problem?

Thanks, Mike