Re: Chip for 1200-GoTo

eroelmx@...

--- In ap-gto@y..., chris1011@a... wrote:
In a message dated 3/18/2001 6:58:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
eroelmx@y... writes:

1.-When you just press quickly the #9 button (RECALIBRATE), the
object starts moving slowly out of the field, it does not matter
if
you press it just once quickly or keep it pressed, the object
keeps
moving out of the field.

I have asked Marj to send you a new chip to be installed in your
servo box.
It sounds like there is a software problem in your chip.

2.-The PEC does not correct the periodic error, I trained it
several
times (Trained and checked, then train again and rechecked), it
has
less periodic error with the PEC OFF than with the PEC-PLAY.
I also rebalanced the OTA, it was ok, so that was not the problem
either, the GoTo function worked well, Venus was on the finder
almost
at the center but not in the field of a 26mm Plossl that gives
192X
with the 5 meter 10" Maksutov, probably the "recalibrate key"
moved
the last object I viewed before parking the mount.I found Venus
at
around 12 O´Clock saturday and sunday too.
My handpad shows "VERSION-2.4", I do not know if I need some
upgrades
or the new chip.
I would like your comments concerning issues #1 and #2.
Your keypad version is not at fault. Soon you will be able to
upload version
3 with some advanced features.

Roland Christen

Roland:
I want to thank you for your prompt answer and your support, I feel
relieved with your comments because I thought I was doing something
wrong, or that my alignment was off, even after 20 or more years
doing drift alignments, homemade mounts etc..., Roland you made me
doubt.
I hope that Marjorie could send a new chip with instructions on how
to install it, via Federal Express or UPS, just tell me how much will
it be, so to send a check or a credit card number.
My name: Eric Roel
My address: Paseo del Pedregal 817, Col. Jardines del Pedregal,
México D.F. C.P 01900. MEXICO.
My phone: as dialed from the U.S.A. 011-52-55687399
My e-mail: eroel@prodigy.net.mx
Regards, Eric.