From: "dan kowall" <dan_kowall@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Cable issues

Are we talking about the clutch knobs?
If so, there's no need to reinvent the wheel, as there are special Allen
head bolts available from AstroPhysics that alleviate this specific problem.

dan kowall

______
Joseph Zeglinski <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this would help, but maybe it is time for AP to look at
using "rounded (parabaloid shaped) knobs, with finger hold impressions -
sort
of like some of the fancy faucet knobs. I think cable snags might happen
less
often since the rounded face would let the cable slip off instead of
snagging
under a squared off edge.

Along that thinking, you could try finding a suitable paraboloidal knob
"cover" to fit or press over the existing knob, acting as a cable deflection
shield, to do the same thing, until a new one is designed.

I got this idea when thinking about those "plastic caps" that are used to
cover the two bolt heads sticking up off the floor around the toilet. They
are
conical and clip on and off, should you need to get a wrench to tighten the
floor attachment bolts.

Short term, a machinist could design a replacement knob and chisel stem
(like the AP one) for you, along these lines.

Joe