Re: Pier for ap900

Joe Zeglinski

Sorry Olivier,

In my excitement over the G11 pier adapter release, I misread the
description of the "CBAPT" control box adapter (Duh!).

Frankly, I don't see the value of moving the AP900 Control Box to the G11
pier post - but some may find it handy.
Perhaps it is intended to get the cables out of the way, but you then need a
longer Y-Cable don't you? And, it is still going to get wrapped up, won't it?

But definitely buy the LT2APM !

I posted- in the PHOTO section of this group, a photo of my "former Losmandy
G11" on it's HD pier beside my new AP900 on another G11 pier with my
Questar-7.
see: "AP900/AP1200 COMPARED"

I sold my G11/Gemini, and bought a used G11 HD pier, for field use with my
lovely AP900.

If you look carefully, you will notice, in the third photo, how handy the old
G11 control box was as a place to rest the AP900 KEYPAD :-)

Of course, it is quite easy to make a metal or wooden shelf and bolt it
into the G11 tripod ears, where the original G11 control box stood. All you
need is a rectangular piece of half inch board and nail on a "right angle
moulding" at the end, to prevent the AP keypad from sliding off. Or just hang
the keypad
from a S-hook through one of the ears.

Cheers,
Joe